Monday, April 19, 2010

Monday Quotes #2

Monday, April 19, 2010
I’ve always loved quotes. There is something about them… they are right down to the point, pure wisdom, clear observations, hilarious humor…Thought, I never had a memory for them for some reason. I could always remember that someone said something great about something, but I could never remember who that was or how precisely it was said. Therefore, I decided to start this Monday quotes thing - I will post each Monday a quote that I like and try to explain what is it in that quote that clicking me.

I should’ve probably started from this one, since it is on my profile.



"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." — Marilyn Monroe


I was thinking for quite some time what I should write on my profile. No, the general idea was clear to me – describe who you are, but as it turned out, it wasn’t as easy as it sounds. I was never able to describe myself fairly. I would either go into all my bad qualities or good ones, so I would either sound as a terrible person or a saint. My interests change as fast and as unpredictable as weather, so describing it was out of the question as well.

But then, I saw this Marilyn Monroe’s quote and I was astonished how precise it described me. Not only that, but also it make a clear statement that actually very important to me – “But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best”. We all have out ugly side and none of us is perfect. And if someone likes our good qualities, they should at least learn to live or accept, if not like, our bad ones. Same goes other way around – we ourselves should learn to accept the worst in person we like.

0 comments:

Post a Comment