Thursday, November 4, 2010

All Together Dead by Charlaine Harris - Book Review #109

Thursday, November 4, 2010
All Together Dead (Sookie Stackhouse #7)
by Charlaine Harris

Betrayed by her longtime vampire love, Louisiana cocktail waitress Sookie Stackhouse must now not only deal with a possible new man in her life-the oh-so-handsome shapeshifter Quinn-but also contend with a long-planned vampire summit. With her power base weakened by hurricane damage to New Orleans, the local vampire queen is vulnerable to those hungry for a takeover. Soon, Sookie must decide what side she'll stand with. And her choice may mean the difference between survival and all-out catastrophe.
From goodreads.com

Ah Sookie, Sookie… Can’t live with you, can’t live without you. As I already said not once in my previous reviews of earlier books of Sookie Stackhouse series, these series are not a great literature, at any stretch of the imagination. However, these books are definitely entertaining so much that I’m willing to forgive all the holes in the plot, all the imperfections in characters development, all the insanity in the story and far from perfect writing style. I keep reading this series, because after a long tough day, when my brain and my limbs are numb and I just physically can’t think or do anything anymore, these books are the perfect solution not only to relax your body and brain, but also to boost your mood.

All Together Dead is a seventh installment in the long running series about cocktail waitress Sookie Stackhouse living in normal (real) paranormal (there are so many creatures, humans just have not idea exist) world. The seventh book started very slow for me. It seems like Charlaine Harris was just touching basis with all the secondary characters and updating the reader on their latest live events. Unfortunately, neither these characters, no these events didn’t play any role in the story, so I couldn’t care less about them.

However, I really enjoyed the culmination of the story. Somehow it felt more realistically dramatic than culminations in the previous books, which read like a child’s make-believe play. The climax and Sookie’s decisions at the end showed how much she grew as a person in the light of these events. No, she probably still is not acting or thinking like an adult, but at least she is much less clueless, as she used to be.

Overall, I’m continuing to enjoy Sookie Stackhouse series. After All Together Dead, I’m more than ever curious to find out how the story will unravel and I already have the eighth book on my desk, waiting for me to read it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment